[OS X TeX] Gradshteyn & Ryzhik?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jun 5 06:02:56 EDT 2004

Le 5 juin 04, à 08:00, david craig a écrit :

> I just discovered that Gradshteyn & Ryzhik, "Table of Integrals,
> Series,
> and Products" is available as a CD-ROM that supposedly is searchable
> and
> can output TeX.  On of the Amazon reviews, though, claims that it
> doesn't work properly for Mac OS.
>
> Anyone had any experience with this?  What's the front-end?

Though a heavy user of Gradshteyn & Ryzhik (mostly the 1980 edition,
which I prefer to the 1994 one, both ugly and in an inconvenient
format), and of Abramowitz & Stegun, I saw the CD offer but did not try
it.

You may be interested by alternative online sources of similar
information :

- Digital Library of Mathematica Functions <http://dlmf.nist.gov/> (a
work-in-progress update and extension of Abramowitz & Stegun; I used
the already available chapter on Airy functions in my own research)

- Wolfram Functions Site <http://functions.wolfram.com/> (a problem
though being the absence of proofs or references for the formulas,
generally obtained using Mathematica; the guys behind it being Oleg
Marichev and Michael Trott, already known in the special functions
community)

Bruno Voisin