[OS X TeX] memoir class, Table questions, position of floats, line numbering

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 11 04:58:05 EDT 2004

On 11 jun 2004, at 10:37, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 11 jun 2004, at 4:09, Denis Chabot wrote:
>
>> I had to trim the column headings quite a bit to get a table to fit
>> within the width of the text. Maybe I could have reduced the font
>> size (maybe this will be ugly, but I'd like to try). Is there a way
>> to reduce font size for a whole table? Maybe the same technique would
>> allow me to make headings of a table bold, but the rest plain, when
>> journals want this style?

One thing I forgot: if it is for a journal: let them figure it out,
they'll never agree with your decisions anyway. Your problem will come,
presumably, when you have to stuff the text into your thesis. By then
you'll have a lot more experience, the text-size and the paper-size
might be different anyway, so don't try to solve everything now, only
do it once.

Maarten