[OS X TeX] fourier package

Diederik van Arkel diederik at cs.kun.nl
Fri Jun 11 18:54:58 EDT 2004

On Jun 11, 2004, at 4:23 PM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

>> One thing is problematic: for years the FTP-part of Apple's
>> Foundation Kit has been broken.
>
> Ahhh thanks for mentioning this: I hadn't seen this admitted anywhere
> else and thought it was something wrong with my installation of
> safari.
>
> I'm surprised that they haven't thought this important enough to fix.

Ehm, I believe safari + ftp problems are because by default safari uses
the Finder
to fetch ftp: items. If you change the ftp:// handler using e.g.

More Internet <http://www.monkeyfood.com/software/moreInternet/>

to a more congenial ftp handler (I personally use

Transmit <http://www.panic.com/transmit/>

, then ftp links should work better.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel