[OS X TeX] New TeX and FontForge (formerly PfaEdit) i-Package releases

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jun 14 04:07:17 EDT 2004

On 14 Jun 2004, at 5:31 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> TeX has been updated. It now has fourier and ntheorem (in gwTeX). It
> has a new method of creating the GUI-usable fonts from the Latin
> Modern fonts which require a recent FontForge (formerly PfaEdit). So,
> if you want everything, first install the latest FontForge, then
> install TeX.

Hi Gerben

I am interested in your new fonts.
You've named all of the fonts in the same "family" with identical
Display Names (as labelled in Font Book). I assume this is related to
the way you are bundling everything into three files only---what
advantages does this have over the old way of doing things?

Regards,
Will