[OS X TeX] New TeX and FontForge (formerly PfaEdit) i-Package releases

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 14 10:07:18 EDT 2004

On 6/14/04 12:36 AM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2004, at 23:06, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Le 13 juin 04, à 22:01, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>>
>>> TeX has been updated. It now has fourier and ntheorem (in gwTeX). It
>>> has a new method of creating the GUI-usable fonts from the Latin
>>> Modern fonts which require a recent FontForge (formerly PfaEdit). So,
>>> if you want everything, first install the latest FontForge, then
>>> install TeX.
>>
>> More from me, on Fourier fonts, which I had installed in texmf.local
>> and did not remove before installing this latest TeX (I was planning
>> to remove them afterwards): comparing my former Fourier install in
>> texmf.local with your new install in texmf.gwtex, I notice the map
>> files fourier.map and fourier-utopia-expert.map are not present inside
>> texmf.gwtex/dvips. Is this a sign that I should have removed my former
>> Fourier install before installing yours?
>
> I forgot to include the dvips subdir for fourier. I am updating now.
>
>> On other matters, I notice that now a TeX re-install does not erase
>> the CM-Super fonts. I think that, before, it used to, forcing to
>> reinstall CM-Super afterwards (which was quite a pain). Is it only in
>> my imagination?
>
> No. CM-Super now lives in texmf.local which is not erased when you
> reinstall.

Just a couple of notes.

I don't think it's necessary to disable the utopia map when installing
fourier since they use differfent font names mapped to the same utopia
fonts.

The textcomp.sty in '/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/base/'
seems to be an empty file! Won't this be found before the (old) one in
texmf.texmf?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)