[OS X TeX] Revisiting Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Wed Jun 16 09:42:49 EDT 2004

Mr. Schmitz,

I removed my previous font conversion and followed you steps.

Something to add to your steps is changing the pdftex.cfg file to
include the eht.map file.

If I use

\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{T1}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ehti}

(note: ehti) I get dots in places where I should get numbers.

If I change the ehti to ehtx, I get the numbers as I should.
Unfortunately, I do not get parentheses where I should. Nor do I get
ligatures.

Now, something I have noticed is that if I run

$ sudo updmap

again I am told that eht.map cannot be found.

Regards,
Musa