[OS X TeX] TexShop can't find file location on unix server after file is edited

Tom Koornwinder thk at science.uva.nl
Wed Jun 16 11:03:56 EDT 2004

I am working in system 10.3.4. I am usually by ethernet connected with
a unix server, which then appears in the sidebar above the line.
Files on this server I can then open from the finder with the
appropriate application, for instance tex files with TexShop.
However, when I have openened a tex file located there in TexShop
and then do some editing in the TexShop editor and then typeset,
I do not see any effect of changes in the preview window.
Neither helps saving. It turns out that the file is saved
in my home directory on the server in a strange place, for instance
in directory
Temporary Items/501/TemporaryItems/TeXShop_386_109086571_1
in my home directory.
If I try to save a second time then TexShop gives the message that the
location of the document cannot be determined.

Any suggestions to repair this?

		Tom Koornwinder