[OS X TeX] format

Frans Goddijn frans at goddijn.com
Fri Jun 18 10:59:35 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm new on this list so I hope I won't make myself unpopular by
starting off with a really dumb question.

This week I got my first Apple, a Powerbook G4 and I installed TeXshop.
Coming from XP I had to get used to the different look and feel of an
"installer".

Yesterday I found out that the TeXshop install is successfful insofar
that I can compile a first LaTeX file successfully. A Dutch ConTeXt
file didn't compile because there was no format file to be found.

ConTeXt man Hans Hagen happened to be around
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~fgoddijn/friends/ntgboys/) and he did some
daring things on a Linux type command line with SUDO in them. Then a
format file was created in my personal home directory.

Then it took some complicated moves to find out where format files need
to be stored and to move them there.

Is this the right way? Or is there a menu somewhere where I can have
format files generated and have them end up in the proper locations
automatically?

Best regards,

Frans Goddijn