[OS X TeX] Odd mailing list software behaviour?

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 18:10:42 EDT 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, at 12:53, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> For a few days now, I've been receiving messages (including mine)
> several hours after they had been posted, and not necessarily in the
> order in which they had been posted. For example, I received answers
> to my earlier posts of today before the posts themselves; and
> similarly for Maarten's latest message, posted at 15:39 today (Paris
> time) and received here at 20:52.
>
> Do other people experience the same oddities? Or is it because I've a
> .mac address, in which case the culprits would be the .mac servers?

FWIW, I often see similar behavior, but it's hard to pinpoint.

One problem is that "time" is truly relative.  It's hard to evaluate
the "out of order delivery" issue without a lot of supporting detail.

If you look at the raw message text, you can get a partial clue by
checking the "received from" lines to see how the time changes at each
handoff on the message's trip from there to here.  From your msg: