[OS X TeX] configuration

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 23 09:45:51 EDT 2004

On 23 jun 2004, at 15:27, Frans Goddijn wrote:

> Your apple-shift-G tip to go to the "invisible" folder helped and on
> the Mac
> I have opened that psfonts.map file now to edit it. I should probably
> move
> it then to it's "mirror" in my personal directory structure. Hm, or I
> should
> first check if I don't already have a psfonts.map file there in a
> different
> directory where the current TeX compiler isn't looking.
>
> Anyway, things are moving on here ;-)

Be careful in duplicating these files. they will never be overwritten
by the i-Installer, yet they do take precedence over the i-Installer
installed ones. This can surely create some hard to track down issues.

pagd is AvantGarde Demi, but in the true Adobe release. Those are not
free, and unless you bought and installed them, they won't be
available. However, I have them in my files as well, and I don't get
the error, so there most certainly is something I don't understand.

Also, the psfonts.map is a link, not the file you need itself (it is
linked to the real file you need, depending on whether you want pk
fonts (yuck) or type1 fonts).

Maarten