[OS X TeX] TeXShop features, AppleScripting

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Wed Jun 23 12:13:42 EDT 2004

>> * Interactive \ref{} and \cite{} popups - when you typed the closing
>> brace, it gathered all labels and bibliographic references and put
>> them in a pop up, and you could select the one you wanted, and it
>> would insert it automatically.  Very useful for remembering your
>> labels!

> All of these (and more) are available in emacs.

Although I have been using emacs for about 20 years and latex for about 15
years, I have not found out how to do the above in emacs.  Is there a good
reference that explains all the features available in latex mode?

A related question: I always feel uneasy when I have to come up with label
numbers.  This becomes especially bad when there are a lot of labels to
make.    I now label the equations as {eq:prefix_number}, where prefix
denotes the subject area and number is in increments of 100.  The idea is
that I can insert equations, if required, without worrying about what new
numbers to give for them.  I have the following questions:  (1) What
styles do others follow?  (2) Is there a code that can renumber/rename all
the labels in a consistent fashion?  Thanks.