[OS X TeX] Rotating text in picture environment

Aditya Dushyant Trivedi atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu
Thu Jun 24 14:42:15 EDT 2004

Hi Maarten,

>Part of graphics, already loaded by graphicx.

>This works for me:

>\documentclass{article}
>\usepackage{graphicx}
>\begin{document}
>\begin{picture}(100,100)
>	\put(50,50){\mbox{\rotatebox{45}{\fbox{Test}}}}
>\end{picture}
>\end{document}

Thanks. That works for me. I realised my problem. I was trying this out on Windows with MiKTeX (helping a fellow student) and creating a DVI file. It does not show the rotation (nor does it print it). Creating a .pdf file worked perfectly. Oddly, going the dvi->ps->pdf works correctly. Time to file a bug for MiKTeX's DVI viewer.

-Eddy