[OS X TeX] map files

Brian Jensen bdjensen at umich.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:48:18 EDT 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Frans Goddijn wrote:

> Is there a way to use the 'finder' to search for files, like a list of
> locations of files with the name psfonts.map?

Frank,

I use the finder to search for TeX files. You can navigate to the
"teTeX" folder (either use the link to it in /Library/teTeX, or use
Go->Go To Folder..., and then go to "/usr/local/teTeX"). Then, in the
search box in the upper right corner of the finder window, use the
pull-down menu to select "selection." Anything you type in the search
box will now be looked for in the teTeX folder or subfolders. For
convenience, I actually pulled the teTeX folder over into the left side
of the finder window, so that I can easily click on it at any time to
do a search for TeX files. This is a great way to find documentation or
to check for an installed package as well.

Brian