[OS X TeX] installing texlive

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jun 28 08:33:42 EDT 2004

George,

On Jun 28, 2004, at 04:40, George Ghio wrote:

> ################## Typesetting MB
> # this line is commented out
> pdflatex MB
> pdflatex MB
> # the key word pdflatex MB represents the compile commands
> !  typesetInput Failed (127)
> /Users/georgeghio/Desktop/TEX/iTeXMac.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/
> typesetInput: line 3: pdflatex: command not found

iTeXMac can't find your pdflatex binary, so you need to figure out
where it is.  In Terminal, try `find /usr/local -name pdflatex`, and
you might see something like this:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/pdflatex

In iTeXMac's preferences, I would enter
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8 in the teTeX Assistant/TeX
Tools preferences, hit return, then Apply.  You need to adjust your
path according to what the find command gives.

hth,
Adam