[OS X TeX] Using Mathematical Pi fonts in LaTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 28 10:47:30 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've received a couple of days ago a request for help on using Adobe's
Mathematical Pi fonts 1 to 6 with LaTeX. Unfortunately I do not have
these fonts, and I'm too short of time to help.

I've looked quickly at CTAN but found nothing related to these fonts.
Y&Y's MathTime setup for the PC makes use of two of them (Mathematical
Pi 2 and 6) <http://www.yandy.com/mathtime.htm>, and Y&Y also provide
the Adobe names mh1 to mh6 and Karl Berry's style names ppi020 to
ppi025 for them, as well as corresponding LY1 metrics
<http://www.yandy.com/LY1/M.htm>. But this imposes using LY1 encoding
which may create problem with other fonts for which no LY1 metrics are
available.

Does anybody know whether there are pre-built metrics, maps and
packages for using these fonts? Are there words about them in the LaTeX
Companion 2nd edition, which I don't have for the moment?

Bruno Voisin