[OS X TeX] TeX auto-scripts (was: Nobody knows)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 24 14:05:14 EST 2004

On 24 mrt 2004, at 18:58, Joachim Kock wrote:

[a lot of interesting things in his scripts for running latex from
AlphaX]

[snip]

> Now there is an option for automatically taking next action --- the
> result
> of this setting is like running some of the auto scripts posted to the
> list.
> But there is also a more interesting option, in which <space> is bound
> taking next action, and a discrete message is displayed to announce
> what
> the nextAction would be.  In this way, all you have to do to is to sit
> and
> tap the space bar, and the appropriate action is taken each time.
> You don't have to think.  The advantage of this approach is that you
> are
> *allowed* to think, if you want

This is nice. In my script there are many options, and you just
initiate what
you need. How hard are your scripts tied to Alpha? Could they be used
from the
command-line? (perhaps using some other script to provide the input) I
cannot read tcl,
and have no real intention of learning yasl.

> I have found this approach less intrusive than blindly automating
> everything --- which can sometimes be annoying.  There are also some
> intermediate settings, like having view-when-no-errors as only
> automatic
> action.

I agree, that is why my script (when in "full compile mode") stops on
errors,
but your list seems more comprehensive.

Maarten