[OS X TeX] OT: setting the look of hyperlinks with hyperref

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Mon Mar 29 07:59:45 EST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 5:02 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> As a follow-on to my own post:
>
>> It works, but I'm confused: is it really necessary to go to such
>> low-level commands (especially in the second case)? Is there an
>> obvious solution or interface that I've missed?
>
> Also, "my" solution also breaks the ability (I'm working in pdfTeX) of
> hyperlinks to be broken across several lines, so it's definitely
> sub-optimal.

Hi Bruno,

Maybe I am missing your point here, but this both underlines and wraps
and makes a working hyperlink in 10.3's Preview. Requires the ulem
package. I got the \newcommand{\cuuline} from someone else, maybe the
author of ulem. I don't remember.  It's a double underline, but I just
define one color as "white" to make it a single underline.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{color}  % << color package is required
\usepackage{ulem} % << ulem package is required

%red over blue double under line-- swap red and blue in second line to
make it blue over red
\newcommand{\cuuline}{\bgroup\markoverwith{\hbox{\kern-.03em\vtop%
{\begingroup\kern.2ex\color{blue}\hrule width.2em\kern1.1pt\color{red}%
\hrule\endgroup\kern-.03em}}}\ULon}

\usepackage[colorlinks=true]{hyperref} %goes last to redefine the world.

\begin{document}

%this is asample of the command in use

Steve Jobs says,  ``I think
\href{ht½0V£/www.apple.com}{\cuuline{different.}}''.