[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue May 4 03:20:16 EDT 2004

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> As for the LaTeX documentation, it's there but hidden

One problem: it's not! Gerben's new "Easy Install" doesn't install the
documentation, presumably the train of thought being that it is the
(usually unread) documentation that takes up the most space in the
(hefty) download.

I'm not sure what I think of this, but it's clear the docs are so buried
to begin with that half the time nobody knows they're there. I'm in
favour of a couple of intro docs included that get put, e.g., on the
desktop. Use lshort.pdf and include a sample file showing how to do all
the basics (which is another thing on my list, actually).

Will