[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

Kai von Fintel tex at fintel.mailworks.org
Tue May 11 14:13:35 EDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> After some work, I think that I am now back to square one -- the $PATH
> looks better (even to me :>}), and kpsewhich now finds texnansx.enc.
> The problem that otftotfm still cannot find texnansx.enc remains:
>
> admin 1:37pm /% kpsewhich texnansx.enc
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/dvips/base/texnansx.enc
>
> admin 1:43pm /<3>Brush Script Std% otftotfm -a -e texnansx
> BrushScriptStd.otf -fkern Brush
> otftotfm: encoding 'texnansx' not found
>
> I'm stymied.

How about giving the full pathname:

otftotfm -a -e
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/dvips/base/texnansx.enc
BrushScriptStd.otf -fkern Brush

The manual page for otftotfm says: "Otftotfm will search for
encoding[.enc] the same way that dvips would, so you may not need to
give a full pathname."

Maybe *you* need to for some reason.

--
Professor Kai von Fintel
Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
email: fintel at mit.edu
home: http://web.mit.edu/fintel
blog: http://semantics-online.org/blog
geek: http://semantics-online.org/geek