[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

Axel E.Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu May 13 00:46:13 EDT 2004

Now that this issue is resolved, I wish to say something about Fink.

Save for a brief period in the early days of OS X 10.2, I've never had
any problems with Fink installed programs and gwTeX distribution. Most
of the Fink-installed programs I have are TeX-Ghostscript dependents
(TeXMacs, Kile...), and for that Fink provides system-tetex:

> Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX
>
>  Install this package if you have installed teTeX separately from
> Fink,  for example, by using Gerben Wierda's distribution (see
> http://www.rna.nl/tex.html ). The package checks to see if you have a
> valid installation of teTeX in /usr/local/teTeX.

I think it can't be more clear and specific.

As far as I know, if you suspect a conflict with Fink, you don't have
to delete your whole /sw directory. It is enough to delete or comment
out the line

. /sw/bin/init.sh

in your .bash_profile (or .cshrc, etc.).

And, by the way, I learned of GW's distribution in Fink's web site.

Best regards,

Axel