Please yes: [OS X TeX] set environment variables for applications

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Mon May 24 11:13:12 EDT 2004

On 24 May 2004, at 15:15, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Changing /etc/profile is different, mainly because historically the
> command line apps have been written with this in mind.

As you already know, I disagree with this statement: if your
i-Installer is allowed to mess up with the general settings (inherited
by ALL applications) in /etc/profile, sensible people should be allowed
to do sensible stuff in the environment.plist file.
It is a matter of trust: we trust you as the developer of the
i-Installer, as we could trust other developers as well. I was never
notified of any problem for the simple PATH settings that some users of
enhanced carbon emacs have to enforce in their environment.plist file.

cheers
--e.