[OS X TeX] XY plots (probably OT)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 28 12:31:45 EDT 2004

Le 28 mai 04, à 15:04, Jan Hülsmann a écrit :

> There is also a carbon version of gnuplot. I don´t know where you can
> download it, there is no URL in the read-me. The name of my copy is
> 'gnuplot-3.7.1d.app'.

Though not exactly what you mention, I just got this from
<http://www.gnuplot.info/screenshots/index.html#demos>:

	AquaTerm <http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net/>

Look especially at
<http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net/index.shtml?page=s1>.

Actually searching through my OS X TeX mail archive produced also that:

> De: Arun Mangalam
> Date: 22 mai 2002 20:34:07 GMT+02:00
> À: "TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List"
> Objet: Rép : [OS X TeX] Simple Illustration Program
>
> Just some extra info :). There are two versions of gnuplot with
> different feature sets:
>
> 1. Carbon gnuplot [http://homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/index.html]:
> --> plots can be accumulated into QuickTime movies [VERY nice]
> --> can export to PICT [does anyone really use PICT anymore?]
> --> uses old QuickDraw
>
> 2. commandline gnuplot w/ AquaTerm
> --> from AquaTerm, plots can be directly saved as EPS/PDF
> --> screen output looks a lot better than the Carbon one
> --> uses Quartz
>
> I have both versions of gnuplot's because of their respective features
> [I forgot about the Carbon gnuplot]. The commandline gnuplot is
> especially useful because of Octave... I looking into creating a
> QuickTime terminal for gnuplot [problem is QuickTime code is based on
> MacOS Carbon programming which is verrry ugly code compared to Cocoa].
>
> - Arun

Beware: the page <http://homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/> seems dead right
now. The Gnuplot site mentions it
<http://www.gnuplot.info/download.html>, and says to wait for v4.0 to