[OS X TeX] ideal PDF viewer requestion (background auto-update)

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Sat May 29 02:21:35 EDT 2004

On May 29, 2004, at 06:51, David Wooten wrote:

> iTeXMac does  have the ability to auto-update the pdf file, but
> apparently only does so when it is the front application -- this I
> have to switch from X11 to iTM and back again. This is petty I know --
> but very frustrating!

I may misunderstand you, but TeXShop seems to have the feature you
needs. Open its Preferences => Preview and check Automatic Preview
Update. IIRC the change will take effect only when you relaunch
TeXShop. Its PDF Viewer goes frontmost automatically when the pdf has
been updated. Is this not desirable for you?

Kino