[OS X TeX] ConTeXt Question.

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 4 09:33:14 EST 2004

On 11/4/04 8:08 AM, "christopher ciotti" <chris_ciotti at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> texexec -pdf
>
> Greetings Herb -
>
> I've been wanting to start using/learning context so I tried compiling
> the example you provided (after updating everything via the
> i-Installer) and I get the following:
>
> [cciotti] ~/Desktop $ texexec -pdf Hello.tex
>
> TeXExec 5.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004
>
>            executable : context
>                format : cont-en
>             inputfile : Hello
>                output : pdftex
>             interface : en
>          current mode : none
>               TeX run : 1
>
> sh: line 1: context: command not found
>
>           return code : 32512
>              run time : 0 seconds
>
>        total run time : 1 seconds
>

> What am I missing exactly?

Howdy,

Try removing that first line, the comment "%&program=context", which seems
to be telling texexec to use a program called "context" to compile the file
instead of pdfetex. It seems to compile fine without that line; and you can
use the built-in ConTeXt menu command to compile then too.

Actually, there used to be a context command but that seems to have
disappeared under TL2004.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>