[OS X TeX] Fourier in TL2004

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 6 09:46:39 EST 2004

On 11/6/04 8:40 AM, "Franck Pastor" <pastor at fusl.ac.be> wrote:

> Le 06-nov.-04, à 15:16, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> On 6 Nov 2004, at 14:44, Franck Pastor wrote:
>>>
>>> In fact, It seems that all Fourier files have disappeared from
>>> texmf.gwtex !! I can't find them anymore in this tree...
>>
>> Oops. My fault. I'll repair immediately.
>>
>>> I'm going to download them from CTAN and install them in my
>>> ~/Library/texmf tree...
>>
>> Not necessary. They will be reinstalled in a short while

> Well, thanks a lot, but I have already done it (before you post your
> last message :-), and I noticed another thing : problems with fonts
> utopia, probably. When I compile a LaTeX file, using fourier fonts
> (which need utopia fonts), I obtained in the .log file some weird
> messages like this one :
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file putri
> 8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
>
> And the pdf file looks horrible and not all at all as usual with
> utopia-fourier fonts !
>
> What's the matter ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Franck Pastor

Howdy,

Looks like the utopia fonts aren't their either. These are NOT part of TeX
Live since they are owned by Adobe even though you are free to install them
for no cost --- at least the basic ones. Gerben adds them as an OS X
"goodie" in his texmf.gwtex branch. I'd wait until Gerben says the fixed up
distribution is ready and then it will all just plain work.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>