[OS X TeX] installer problems with Greek fonths

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Nov 7 17:02:52 EST 2004

On 7 Nov 2004, at 22:32, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.11.2004 um 21:29 schrieb helmang:
>

>> For what it is worth, installation of the CB-Greek package from the
>> experimental directory worked for me. The documentation for
>> teubner.sty also processed correctly (so far as I can tell--I'm no
>> expert) with the exception of a macro for a ring accent (which came
>> out as a box not quite surrounding the letter). Although lgreek.sty
>> was also installed, it seems to require it's own set of fonts
>> (referred to as gr fonts in the documentation and filed under Levy on
>> CTAN), so its documentation would not process.
>
> That's correct. That's the 70 MB + Bruno has counted and I asked for
> to unite the many different design sizes to one font that's correctly
> scalable.. They're on CTAN:
> ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/greek/cb/type1.tar.gz, if
> they're really *not* in the package.

No. The i-Package is 70MB in size because it has those fonts (or at
least all that are in TeX Live). But the Levy fonts look like a couple
of metafont sources which would then result in pk fonts, not type1.

So, afaik, the CB-Greek i-Package is complete. The lgreek stuff is
older and metafont only. But correct me if I'm wrong. I have removed
the lgreek latex stuff in the meantime.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>