[OS X TeX] Tabular/array macros

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Nov 8 02:18:12 EST 2004

Le 7 nov. 04, à 23:32, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 6 Nov 2004, at 8:26 PM, Jérôme Laurens wrote:
>
>> Le 6 nov. 04, à 06:18, Will Robertson a écrit :
>>
>>> I've come back to my applescript project briefly, but I've run into
>>> trouble again. You kindly fixed the following applescript behaviour:

>>> But as it turns out, this is not what I wanted, because it doesn't
>>> select the line, it only highlights it. The selection remains where
>>> it was. (In this case, perhaps "edit" is not a very good name for
>>> the command.)
>>
>> This is the only one I could find, this was opposed to view.
>> This is intentional non preemptive behaviour
>
> Yeah, I like the behaviour, not the name.
> Could you have "view source" and "view output"?
>
>>> So looking back in the dictionary, I find iTeXMac has a "select"
>>> command, but it too is broken, as far as I can tell:
>>
>> There are applescript examples in the iTM distribution, it is told
>> that iTM does not support word nor paragraph selection.
>
> Oops, I remember reading that ages ago.
>
>> AFAIR, this is intentional because those objects do refer to pure
>> attributed text and not source code.
>
> Hmmm. I suppose so.
> In that case I would like to put in a feature request to implement
> equivalent behaviour to TeXShop's "goto line" command, but there's no
> rush.

Hum, please do not refer to what texshop can do, just refer to what you
want to do. Moreover, remember that the applescript syntax should be
very close to natural language, at least your natural language;-) You
should propose some syntax and some corresponding effect. The "goto
line" syntax and feature are not good because "goto" is BASIC (for
those who know what is BASIC), not english, and there is no definite
meaning for "go to line #" (texshop undestands goto... as "go to" and
"select", while it could be just "go to" in order not to change the
selection)

I think that something like

tell application blah to select line # of the text of its first document

and

tell application blah to select characters (1 through last) of line #
of the text of its first document

could be very cool (except parenthesis)

Is it what you need?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>