[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Nov 8 07:35:04 EST 2004

They are not. However, you wrote:

>>> However, nothing appears directly related to TeX.

rather than "there does not appear to be any specific information on scripting BBEdit for use with TeX / LaTeX".

>Are they of any help
>when writing a script related to TeX (we can think of some syntax
>checking for example)?

If you write the text of the script in BBEdit, then, yes, they could be, however that's not really what you are asking about. You are looking for assistance with writing "BBEdit AppleScripts" for use with TeX/LaTeX.

This is outwith the scope of the BBEdit manual, but if you know enough AppleScript and TeX/LaTeX to be able to "draft" such a script for "any editor", then you can be CLOSE to certain that it is possible to get it to work with BBEdit and that the complexity and depth of BBEdit's ASD is such that you will have more opportunities there than in any other editor to produce a precise and elegant solution.

Might be worth joining the BBEdit-scripting mail list:

<bbedit-scripting-on at barebones.com>

and perhaps the general "talk" list:

<bbedit-talk-on at barebones.com>

hth,