[OS X TeX] I am missing TFM files

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 11 10:44:34 EST 2004

Le 11 nov. 04, à 16:16, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Just had to tex a file using CM fonts, EC and TC to be more specific.
> mktextfm and mktexmf were invoked a few times although I had installed
> your cm-super i-Package. The reason is that I had then no TFM files.
>
> Is this still true? Is this on purpose? To let us make them when we
> *might* need it?

I think the TFM files for the EC/TC fonts are not included in teTeX due
to space considerations. For some time I had downloaded them from
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ec/tfm/> and installed them
in two folders:

/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/tfm/jknappen/tc

Now with TL 2004 I have decided to throw them away, given they are
generated just once when first requested and then not any longer.
Similarly, teTeX includes the original MF input files for the fonts,
corresponding to CTAN's directory
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ec/src/>, instead of the
pre-processed files in
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ec/ready-mf/>.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>