[OS X TeX] Microtype & phv

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 11 15:22:16 EST 2004

Howdy,

I just heard back from Robert Schlicht, the author of the microtype package
and the fix is actually quite simple. Pdftex can only expand fonts that it
actually adds to the produced pdf file. Since I had the defaults in updmap
set to NOT download the Basic 14 (or 35 or ?) fonts it got confused.
Changing that option so that those fonts are downloaded makes everything
work.

I hadn't noticed that the problem also existed for Times and Palatino since,
by luck, my test file didn't need expansion for the Serif Font.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>