[OS X TeX] pdftex's "hz extensions"

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Nov 14 22:58:06 EST 2004

 From the pdftex mailing list:

On 14 Nov 2004, at 11:40 PM, The Thanh Han wrote:

> if you have decided to upgrade pdftex, then my suggestion is to upgrade
> to pdftex-1.20b-beta2, which is available at pdftex.sarovar.org/src
>
> This version fixes most of the pending problems and I plan to leave it
> untouched for a while, unless some bugs are found. 1.20a has some
> serious problems with the hz extensions.

No-one seems to have mentioned any such problems on this list, but if
the author of pdftex says so...!
I haven't noticed any problems (not even minor ones!) so far, but I've
only used the microtype package a few times, since I've been distracted
with XeTeX recently.

(A horrible decision to make, actually: "do I want nice fonts in XeTeX
or better looking results in pdfTeX?" !)

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>