[OS X TeX] Who should use (La)TeX - who is able to use it?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Mon Nov 15 17:06:08 EST 2004

Clearly, I wouldn't have been able to be a secretary at the computer
science department of your old university.

I am not familiar with the first TeXGInstaller.app but I don't see what
would be wrong with such an app as an /alternative/ for those who want,
or do not know better for the time being than wanting, something like a
barebone TeXshop with a barebone LaTeX panel incoporated in the main
menu bar.

Such an /alternative/ combination would already go a long way towards "a
WYSIWYG editor which would produce the quality of" at least Word.
Contrary to what seems to be the basic assumption, people are not
necessarily drawn to LaTeX because of the high quality of its output.
Speaking for myself, all I /needed/ was something that would satisfy the
GPL. The output is nicely addictive, though, and now I am glad to have
it. So, if you will, think of such a combo as a lite version to suck
people in.

Regards
--schremmer

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>