[OS X TeX] microtype problem

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Nov 16 12:59:31 EST 2004

The microtype package has stopped working for me on one of my
documents. Something has changed in my setup and I can't figure out
what it is since it does work in other documents on my system. Here is
what I am getting in the console for the problematic document:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/lm/t1lmr.fd)

Package microtype Warning: \rmdefault has changed (`cmr' <> `lmr')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `basictext' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Package microtype Warning: \sfdefault has changed (`cmss' <> `lmss')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `basictext' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Package microtype Warning: \encodingdefault has changed (`OT1' <> `T1')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `normalfont' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Package microtype Warning: \familydefault has changed (`cmr' <> `lmr')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `normalfont' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Package microtype Warning: \rmdefault has changed (`cmr' <> `lmr')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `basicmath' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Package microtype Warning: \sfdefault has changed (`cmss' <> `lmss')!
(microtype)                This might affect the `basicmath' font set.
(microtype)                Please make all relevant font changes
*before*
(microtype)                loading the `microtype' package.

Can someone provide some insight as to why this is happening? I am
running the latest non-experimental TL 2004 stuff from Gerben.

Thank you,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>