[OS X TeX] microtype problem

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Nov 16 17:30:15 EST 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 2:59 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have decided to update all the repositories given this and other
> reports.

I am sorry to report that it still does not work for me. Here is what I
have done...

(1) I completely removed everything I have installed via the
i-Installer.

(2) I deleted all the i-Packages from my hard drive.

(3) I re-installed the following packages in the following order:

Freetype 2
libwmf
Ghostscript 8
ImageMagick
FontForge
TeX
TeX Support: CM-Super

(4) I trashed all .aux files associated with the document that is
giving me trouble.

(5) I then typeset and, while I do not get the microtype warnings that
I was getting before, I still find that microtype isn't doing anything.
I also find that microtype works just fine on a test document.

This is a very strange problem and I don't understand what is going on.
I am now going to grab microtype 1.4 and see if that helps.

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>