[OS X TeX] A modest proposal

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Nov 17 08:15:30 EST 2004

On Nov 17, 2004, at 5:02 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Sorry if this sounds slightly grumpy, but this has bugged me for a
> while now: several times on the list, we had discussions that mail
> should be sent in simple text format, not html, not mime, no nothing.
> Excuse me if I name offending parties, but maybe they are not even
> aware of the problem: Alain Schremmer and Claus Gerhardt make us wade
> through a sea of unnecessary
> you please set your mail-agents to send pure text messages? Thank you.

I have the listserve software set to remove html from mail and reject
it if it can't be removed. I will change the setting to simply reject
html mail and see if that helps.

With that said, please set your email client to use plain text. Email
would be so much nicer if everyone did so.

Thank you,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>