[OS X TeX] A modest proposal

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Wed Nov 17 15:10:00 EST 2004

This may be OT, but in Apple Mail you can select View->Message->Long
Headers to see the full header information for a message. I was totally
unaware of this.

On Nov 17, 2004, at 2:51 PM, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Claus Gerhardt <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:
>
>> It appears that the insistence of "plain text only" messages is caused
>> by the digested version of the list, the merits of which I don't know
>> nor do I want to know.
>
> If you are posting to a public mailing list or indeed to any other
> forum it should go without saying that the smallest common denominator
> in technical terms sets the technical standard everyone should keep
> to. Plain text in email is the only standard every mailreader can
> handle. It is a matter of courtesy, too.  Period.
>
> I gather that this indeed _is_ a mailing list for TeX on the Macintosh
> which is of particular interest to Macintosh users. However, I
> understand that it is also read by users working on other platforms
> (have a look into the header of this mail for one).  Using RTF in
> email seems rather outlandish. I have never heard of this before. It
> seems to be special to Apple Mail. I do not know a mailreader for
> Windows or Linux that can do with RTF, but if you know one, would you
> please let me know.
>
> Juergen.

>            & FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

_______________________________________
When confronted with actual numbers, a mathematician is at a loss.
(Steffen Hokland)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University