[OS X TeX] Who should use (La)TeX - who is able to use it?

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Wed Nov 17 22:07:01 EST 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:31 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
> In short, I am not suggesting a replacement but a lite version
> alongside the heavy duty one. I do not understand why this should
> elicit such "passion".

It's not passion, it's the voice of experience. You may be able to
articulate your general requirements, but some of us have been building
software for decades and know that something that may sound plausible
at a high level often turns into a design and coding nightmare. That
has been the case with many attempts to build software of the kind
you'd like to have. You could prove us wrong by creating a
counterexample that the world adopts...

-- F

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>