[OS X TeX] Textures LaTeX -> teTeX/TeXShop/iTeX LaTeX

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Nov 18 18:47:59 EST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> Probably not meant for this list, but...
>
> On Nov 18, 2004, at 5:25 PM, Ludger Hentschel wrote:
> <snip>
>> If you have a proper installation of teTeX you should be able to
>> convert your document by
>>
>> 1) printing/saving your SuperPaint graphics files to PS files
>> 2) converting the PS files to PDF (using pstopdf or Distiller)
>
> Step 2 is unnecessary.
>
>> 3) updating the way your document inserts graphics to
>>    \includegraphics[width=xin]{figure.pdf}
>> 4) running pdflatex on your document
>> <snip>

Step 2 is only king of unnecessary. If using 'regular' latex (not
pdflatex), you can use the ps file directly (I would print to eps...
you want the bounding box set, not a full page... it often isn't tight
around the graphic for ps files).

Further, the extension should be left off in the \includegraphics
command. It will use the appropriate extension. This way you can use
either pdflatex or latex, as long as you have both the e/ps and pdf
files. Even without one or the other, it is unnecessary to give the
extension.
Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater