[OS X TeX] Mathematics in e-mail

David Oliver daoliver at swva.net
Sat Nov 20 09:00:20 EST 2004

I'm wondering how members of this list exchange informal e-mail
messages that contain mathematical terms and expressions (rather than
more formal documents such as papers which are usually exchanged as
attachments). It would be attractive to be able in easily incorporate
typeset TeX expressions into e-mail, but TeX's mark-up nature likely
makes this a difficult and unnatural proposition. Are there any other
strategies?

Remarkably, I've often received mail with mathematical expressions
written in TeX source mark up which are perfectly understandable to
anyone conversant with TeX. Still, I yearn for typeset expression in my
communications.

What are your thoughts and ways of handling math in e-mail?

David Oliver

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>