[OS X TeX] Mathematics in e-mail

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 21 08:55:08 EST 2004

On 21 nov 2004, at 14:43, David Oliver wrote:

> lead me to wonder about the integrity of pdf  pastes into in e-mail.
> I've had experience with pdf pastes removed from the body and
> reconfigured as attachments by the mail system..
> Does anyone know about the persistence and robustness of pdf pastes?

Anything other than text that you paste into an email in Mail.app is
converted to an attachment. Depending on the reader (the application,
not the person) on the other end, you either get a bunch of attachments
(but the text is OK, the order might be tricky), the exact same mail
(probably uses Mail.app as well), or just the text up to the first
pdf-paste, and the rest of the text and pdf-s as attachments. If you
put an attachment (any attachment) into an email, make sure it is at
the end - not all readers (the application, not the person) are smart
enough to figure out what to do with it, causing trouble to the reader
(the person, not the application).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>