[OS X TeX] Unknown Graphics Extension

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 04:28:46 EST 2004

On 22 Nov 2004, at 9:00 am, Michael Murray wrote:
> This file below OK for me using TeX+Ghostcript and I just updated
> everything
> yesterday.
>
> ----------------
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> \includegraphics{fred.Sketch.eps}
> \end{document}

Hmm. That DOES work for me, and incidentally, so does
\includegraphics{fred.Sketch.ps}

So, perhaps texlive 2004 is not broken.

However, if my document starts (as required by my publisher)

\documentclass{egpubl_SM}
\usepackage{SM2004}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\JournalPaper
\PrintedOrElectronic
% prepare for electronic version of your document
\usepackage{t1enc,dfadobe}
\let\rm=\rmfamily    \let\sf=\sffamily    \let\tt=\ttfamily
\let\it=\itshape     \let\sl=\slshape     \let\sc=\scshape
\let\bf=\bfseries
\begin{document}

it does not work - but it does work with dvips graphics...

> You could try putting in
> \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps, .jpg, Sketch.ps}

Thanks. but there are lots of different b's in my filenames a.b.c, so
this is not really going to help.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                   Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science          Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                  Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                 WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, United Kingdom   VOIP:  sip:rrmwork at iptel.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>