[OS X TeX] Re: Bug, presumably in texlive 2004

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 05:32:22 EST 2004

On 22 Nov 2004, at 10:12 am, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=unkgrfextn

Unfortunately, this is not the whole story.

Previously, and in other current tex systems, I was able to do
\includegraphics{a.b.ps}
without the error in this FAQ coming up.

Even now, with document class article, I do not get the error, using
texlive 2004.

However, something has changed in texlive 2004 so that when I use
document class egpubl_SM, I now DO get the error, but I did not / do
not with other tex systems.

Finally, doing the workaround like in the FAQ of
\includegraphics[type=eps,ext=.ps,read=.ps]{a.b}
still doesn't work in texlive 2004 with document class egpubl_SM.
(NB it doesn't understand ps files, but this is a ps file with a
bounding box like an eps file).

Maybe its not a bug, but it is certainly differnt behaviour from
before, and it would be nice if it could revert to how it used to work
before, and how it works on other tex systems.
Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                   Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science          Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                  Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                 WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, United Kingdom   VOIP:  sip:rrmwork at iptel.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>