[OS X TeX] Unknown Graphics Extension

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 13:32:05 EST 2004

It seems that the class file I was using was testing for pdf in an
incorrect way.

I am reporting the fix here (given by Thomas Esser - thanks, Thomas) in
case
other users find it useful if they are using the egpubl.cls class, or
other similarly
broken class files:

Replace

     \newif\ifpdf  % determine if we are running PDFLaTeX or not
     \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined \pdffalse % we are not running PDFLaTeX
     \else
       \pdfoutput=1 % we are running PDFLaTeX
       \pdftrue
     \fi

by

     \RequirePackage{ifpdf}

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                   Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science          Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                  Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                 WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, United Kingdom   VOIP:  sip:rrmwork at iptel.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>