[OS X TeX] Replacements for xfig?

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:26:45 EST 2004

Hi all,

First, a meta-question. Is there a searchable archive for this list on
the web? I found the digest archives, but I didn't find anything easily
searchable.

I'm moving my workflow from HPUX to Mac OS X, and I'm looking for a
replacement for xfig. I know I could install xfig itself, and that is
an option, but I would like to avoid using X11 stuff if possible. I'm
not looking for anything as complex as Illustrator, but I think I want
something more powerful than Intaglio (or at least, more powerful than
Intaglio seems to be, based on my 10 minute investigation). The ability
to import xfig graphics (either from the native format or from a saved
eps) would be a big plus.

Thanks,

--
Chris Goedde