[OS X TeX] Replacements for xfig?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Nov 24 20:17:13 EST 2004

On Nov 25, 2004, at 00:52, Robert Love wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, November 24, 2004, at 11:50AM, Chris Goedde
>> <cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the suggestions, all.
>>>
>>> I think I'm sold on Omnigraffle, although if people have other
>>> suggestions, I'm still interested. The people doing jfig have done
>>> too
>>> good a job at recreating the xfig interface, which I want to get away
>>> from.
>>
>> I haven't seen a recommendation for Create (non-free, but you can get
>> an academic discount) from Stone Design, but I prefer it to
>> OmniGraffle for drawing and annotating
>
> I have both Omnigraffle and Create.  4 out of 5 times I reach for
> Create when doing illustrations.  Omnigraffle is OK for boxes or where
> stencils work.  Create seems to offer more freedom.  I also can attest
> to Stone's rapid response to problems or suggestions.

I use the same combo. I can support the above statement, but I might be
considered biased as I know the Stones personally ;-)

I have used metapost in the past for some math work. I would like to
use Mathematica sometimes for math images, but that only happens 2
times/year maybe andn then it becomes too expensive.

Hey, I used to have Mathematica on my NeXT (hardly ever used it). Maybe
Wolfram can send me a free upgrade, and I'll see to it that the
integration with my TeX distribution works ;-)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>