[OS X TeX] Triggering a script in BBEdit by cmd-click

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 25 09:55:13 EST 2004

On 25 nov 2004, at 15:34, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> To trigger an Applescript from within BBEdit that enables
> synchronization BBEdit-> TeXniscope, I would like to use option-click.
>  At the moment I am only aware of the standard BBEdit "Set Key", which
> however, restricts the trigger to cmd-letter, etc.
>
> Does anyone knows how to use cmd-click?

Would adding an item to the contextual menu be helpful? I think that
that is possible, but a better chance of getting the right answer would
be to try the BBEdit-Scripting mailing list:
http://www.barebones.com/support/lists/bbedit_script.shtml

I couldn't find anything in the BBEdit manual, so writing to support
and/or the mailing list might be your best bet. Recently there was a
discussion on the general BBEdit mailing list about LaTeX, and quite a
few bbedit users are interested in using BBEdit for even more of their
work. The thing they mentioned as missing was the preview, so having a
nice synchronising script would be great - directly writing to support
might even get you the help you need from Bare Bones themselves.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>