[OS X TeX] TrueType-fonts in LaTeX...?

Scott Murman smurman at segosha.net
Sun Nov 28 12:15:57 EST 2004

Will asked

>> I would love to see 16-bit in LaTeX even if it was only Mac-specific.
>> XeTeX is the most promising choice.  It certainly can't handle
>> production typesetting...
>
> Out of curiousity: how so?

mainly interoperability with other packages, and with traditional latex
files.  i've had little luck transitioning anything complex to xetex.
it's a lot of work simply to get the packages to load, and processing a
document is even worse.  a tool which is a restricted subset of the
latex functionality, and is not backwards compatible is not ready for
production work.  inertia is a huge factor when moving to a new tool.

-SM-

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>