[OS X TeX] bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found ??

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 29 10:49:32 EST 2004

On 11/29/04 8:39 AM, "Steffen Wolfrum" <macosx-tex at st.estfiles.de> wrote:

> Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:
>
>> Am 29.11.2004 um 00:08 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just installed the new TeX system (TL2004 + ConTeXt + additional
>>> packages) and "rtf2latex2e" on a OSX 10.3.6.
>>>
>>> Everything TeX's fine, but just "rtf2latex2e" doesn't work:
>>>
>>> $ rtf2latex2e /Users/steffen/Desktop/test.rtf
>>> -bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found
>>
>> Have you checked with locate or find whether this sym-link is there? A
>> few weeks ago it was
>>
>> bin/rtf2latex2e -> /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin
>>
>> in the i-Package. It might have landed into /usr/local/bin. Has bash
>> this in $PATH?
>

> You are right. It is
> /usr/local/bin e -> /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin
>
> I have no idea about "$PATH".
> The Terminal says
>
> $PATH
> -bash:
> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-curren
> t: No such file or directory
>

> Up to now I didn't change anything (have a fresh 10.3.6 installation and upon
> that some current i-packages, that's it).
> I am very carefully, for Gerben always stresses that he does NOT recomment to
> use the terminal at all i.e. change path settings when working with
> i-installer.
>
> So, what can be done?
>
> Steffen

Howdy,

It appears that /usr/local/bin isn't on your PATH.

What packages have you installed? I think that the ghostscript package, and
maybe others, will add /usr/local/bin/ to your PATH in /etc/profile if it
isn't already there. Maybe the rtf2latex2e package doesn't check for that
being there and add it if it isn't there.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>