[OS X TeX] bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found ??

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 29 18:47:50 EST 2004

Am 30.11.2004 um 00:30 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> On this list we had quite often the case that something had to be add
> to PATH:
> does it always mean that the value of PATH has to be changed both in
> /etc/csh.login and /etc/profile ?
> Or it it just by chance now in this specific case?

There are two kinds of UNIX: BSD and SysV, and there are two kinds of
UNIX shells: the Bourne shell (in the beginning lacking job control)
and the C shell families (having that job control). Members of the
first family are: sh, bash, ksh. Members of the latter family are: csh,
tcsh. Since Apple delivers with Mac OS X (a BSD UNIX) shells from both
families you should track changes of basic settings like the search
paths to the programmes in both shell worlds.

It isn't such a bad thing to invoke 'sudo /etc/csh.login /etc/profile'
and change the settings for path in the one and for PATH in the other
file ... usually it happens once or twice in ten years.
--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>