font management simplified (was Re: [OS X TeX] Trump Mediaeval fonts_

christopher ciotti chris_ciotti at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 21:10:45 EDT 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 1 oct. 04, à 04:08, Scott Murman a écrit :
>
>> i think i would consider switching to xetex if it supported pdf
>> output directly.  just too convenient a feature to give up.
>>
>> -SM-
>
> I think it does: by default xetex creates a file in .xdv (extended
> .dvi) format then launches xdv2pdf automatically, to convert it to
> .pdf format, in a way completely transparent to the user. Actually, to
> see the intermediate .xdv file you have to use instead "xetex
> -no-pdf".

Hi -

Sorry to ask this here but I'm not subscribed to the xetex mailing list
yet (awaiting moderator approval).

What search path is used by xelatex?  I put a few .fd and .sty files
together and have them in my localtexmf tree.  Is there an equivalent
for xelatex?  Thanks.

--
chris ciotti <chris_ciotti at yahoo.com>
http://www.keyserver.net/en/